Photo from http://www.nashville.gov/Public-Works/
Metro Public Works picks up brush in our neighborhood four (4) times a year. Here is the most current Brush Collection Schedule (Poplar Creek Estates is in Area 9).
You may place brush out in front of your house for collection up to two weeks before the scheduled date. Typically, you can expect Public Works to pick brush up within a week to ten (10) days of the scheduled date. You can sign up to receive an email reminder from Public Works about upcoming brush collection dates.
When a brush collection date is coming up, take a moment to look around your backyard and the common area behind your house and pull out that ugly old pile of branches that's been collecting for years! Drag it out to your front yard and make your property taxes work for you!
In the Spring, why not rake up those leaves from last Fall? You can bag them using paper bags (no plastic - see above photo) and have your city haul them off for you. (Hart Ace Hardware sells them cheap!) Just leave them at the curb.
So let's get busy and thanks for helping keep our neighborhood beautiful!
If you have any brush you would like to have picked up, please:
Metro will NOTpick up:
- place it by the curb of your front yard, but NOT on the street or sidewalk
- place any leaves or grass clippings in biodegradable paper bags (available at hardware stores)
- make sure it is close enough to the curb or roadway for the "knuckle boom" truck to reach it
- make sure it is clear from any low-hanging trees or power lines
- make sure it is not placed close to mailboxes, utility poles, trees or other stationary objects
- make sure it is not placed where it can be washed into a storm drain
- Limbs greater than four (4) inches in diameter
- Limbs longer than 15 feet in length
- Stumps with root balls and dirt
- Leaves or grass clippings in plastic bags (they must be in paper bags)
- Anything other than true yard waste
For more information, please visit Metro Public Works' Brush and Leaf Collection web page.